Track time using the mite web service
This plugin connects Trac with mite, a web-based time tracking tool. Track your time easily on issues within Trac and get them automatically sent to your mite.account. The time entries are sent via https to the central mite server, where they are then stored.
Bugs / Feature requests
If you encounter any bugs or problems, I would appreciate it if you let me know through the issue system on Github.
The plugin is hosted on Github: http://github.com/thomasklein/Trac2mite.
This plugin requires the following:
- Trac >= v0.11
- TracHoursPlugin >= r7148
- a mite.account; you can signup for a free 30 days trial account
Note: Currently there is a problem when installing the plugin the normal way. Until this issue is resolved you have to install the plugin in development mode as described in the steps below.
- Make sure the TracHoursPlugin is installed and enabled.
- Place all source files of the Trac2mite plugin into the plugin directory of your Trac environment.
- Change to /path/to/your/projenv/plugins/Trac2mite/0.11 via console and run the command:
python setup.py develop -md /path/to/your/projenv/plugins
- Login as a user with admin privileges and go to Admin > Plugins to enable all components for 'trac2mite', which should now be listed as a available plugin.
- You are prompted to upgrade your Trac environment via the trac-admin tool. Do so and restart your webserver.
Note: Only users with the permission TICKET_ADD_HOURS can use the features of the TracHoursPlugin and Trac2mite. The following steps assume you have this permission.
Go to Preferences > mite and connect to your mite.account. After providing your account credentials you can then start to select your mite.projects and mite.services that will appear when you create a new time entry with the TracHoursPlugin.
Once the connection to your mite.account is verified, you should have the possibility to assign one of your mite.projects and mite.services to every new and existing time entry. When saving the time entry, Trac2mite will send this data to your mite.account.