Documentation plugin for Trac
This plugin adds a Docs tab to the Trac project. It is a wiki plugin where the wiki text is stored in the Subversion repository. Its primary purpose is to allow offline editing of wiki pages, and storage of documentation "closer" to the source code that it documents.
- Uses RestructuredText as a markup language.
- Supports inline images and links.
- Highlights source code using google-code-prettify.
- Supports editing through Subversion and the Trac website.
- Handles user permission using Subversion authorization.
- Supports downloading binaries with proper mime-types for non-text files.
Source / Bugs / Feature Requests
See http://github.com/mrjbq7/tracdocs for more details and the source code, or to report issues or request features.
This plugin can be installed with:
$ easy_install tracdocs
It is configured in the trac.ini file by enabling the component and configuring the path within the Subversion repository to store the wiki documents:
[components] tracdocs.* = enabled [docs] root = wiki/trunk
By default, it will show the title of the directory that you are navigating, but if you create an index.txt file in the directory, it will use that instead, allowing you to put additional documentation at the top of a directory structure.
It uses the WIKI_VIEW permissions to control access to the documentation pages.