SlimTimer integration into Trac
Notice: This plugin is unmaintained and available for adoption.
- Create SlimTimer tasks from Trac tickets.
- Set hours in Trac tickets, such as the 'totalhours' field of the TimingAndEstimationPlugin, based on SlimTimer data.
- Back up SlimTimer data to an external database.
There are two parts to its operation: synchronisation and reporting.
When a Trac ticket enters the assigned state, ie it is accepted by someone, TracSlimTimer creates a corresponding task in SlimTimer. The ID of the SlimTimer task is then recorded with the Trac ticket as a custom field:
More generally, synchronisation occurs when:
- a ticket is assigned. Note that it is not just sufficient to put a name in the "assigned to" field. The assigned person also needs to accept the ticket before it enters the assigned state. Until then the ticket is in the "new" state.
- a ticket is closed.
- a ticket is reopened.
- a ticket is deleted.
- any of the following fields is changed while the ticket is in the assigned or reopened state:
The following synchronisation is performed:
- When tickets are assigned or reopened a corresponding task in SlimTimer is created if it does not already exist.
- When a SlimTimer task is created the SlimTimer ID is stored in a custom field of the Trac ticket.
- When a ticket is closed in Trac the corresponding task is marked as complete in SlimTimer.
- When a ticket is reopened in Trac the corresponding task is marked as incomplete in SlimTimer.
- When a ticket is deleted in Trac the corresponding task is marked as complete in SlimTimer.
- The name of the SlimTimer task is composed of the Trac ticket ID followed by the trac summary, e.g. " #40: Plan & co-ordinate 0.4 release"
- The tags of the SlimTimer task will include the Trac milestone and keywords.
- The coworkers of the SlimTimer task will include all the users configured in the TracSlimTimer module who have the "default CC/coworker" property selected and any users listed in Trac's CC field.
- The total hours recorded in SlimTimer are stored in the Trac ticket using the custom field 'totalhours' for compatibility with the TimingAndEstimationPlugin.
The second function of TracSlimTimer is to collect all the SlimTimer data for the configured users and record it in a separate data store. This provides a backup of the SlimTimer data and allows reporting for a whole group of users.
The operation is shown below:
Currently only MySQL is supported as a database. From MySQL the user can perform their own reporting, for example using Excel via MyODBC or some web-reporting tool.
Not all users will require this function and it is possible to use TracSlimTimer without a database.
More information about the reporting module can be found on the reporting module page.
There are some screenshots below.
This plugin will currently only work with Trac 0.10 because ClearSilver templates are provided. It will not work with Genshi.
Some of the code has been written so that it might just work with 0.11 and Genshi if the templates were provided. For example, there is code in admin_ui.py to use the alternate IAdminPanelProvider vs IAdminPageProvider templates, but it is entirely untested. This code is courtesy of http://svn.edgewall.com/repos/trac/sandbox/spam-filter/tracspamfilter/admin.py.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
See the separate installation page.
A brief overview of the code is available in the developers guide.
- 12095 by rjollos on 2012-10-02 17:56:38
Refs #10248: Branching for Trac 0.11 and later. Copied
- 11915 by rjollos on 2012-08-09 19:01:33
Fixes #1904: Fixed incorrect
package_dataspecification. Thanks to Paolo Caravello for the patch.
- 2206 by tst on 2007-04-27 07:20:33
Added time tracking schema.