Show unread tickets
This plugin tracks ticket page views and provides "last unread" link on ticket pages, ie those pages that end with /ticket/XYZ. This is similar to a feature you have probably seen on most forums:
The only difference is that this plugin does not just use your last login time, but actually tracks time when you requested each ticket. This is also the reason that a Trac environment upgrade is required.
Of course, it does not work for anonymous users:
Tested on Trac 0.10 and current trunk of Trac 0.11.
- This plugin works with PostgreSQL: SQLite lacks string functions required to extract comment number from "parent.reply" pair in the database. Nor has it been tested with MySQL.
- Also, you must dump all _description, description_ and _description_ fields from your report (they are hidden in default reports). The reason is that these fields provide the link to "unread comment". The only way to include another link to report row is generating wiki markup in description field. This could be improved however, and patches welcome.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
General instructions on installing Trac plugins can be found on the TracPlugins page.
- 5523 by vnaum on 2009-04-16 14:13:21
sample report should now work with PostgreSQL 8.3 (cast t.id as char).
suggested by christian@…
- 4362 by vnaum on 2008-10-01 06:43:29
Bug#3830 (trac-admin initenv with --inherit option fails) should be fixed now
- 3935 by vnaum on 2008-07-02 14:00:18
Merging changes from 0.10 branch (portable table creation)