Manage agile projects through Trac
The Agile-Trac plugin provides the following features to make it more suitable as an agile project management tool:
- Iterations are added along with an Iterations page.
- Tickets now have relatively sized completion stages: one or more completion stages can be defined for a tickets where each completion stage has associated with it a relative size and a completion date.
- Tickets are closed when all completion stages are Done.
- The Roadmap page is enhanced with a milestone summary view showing estimated completion dates which are based on previous iteration progress.
- The Roadmap shows which tickets are associated with which iterations.
- Progress bars are relatively sized to provide a better indication of the size of Iterations and Milestones.
- Milestones can now be ordered by priority making it easier to split large Milestones in to smaller Milestones.
- Milestones with the same priority may be weighted so that the effect of them running in parallel can be estimated.
Documentation can be found on the Documentation page of the website. Also the Effective Use of agile-trac for (Distributed) Agile Development presentation gives a good overview.
To learn more about agile-trac and for instructions on how to install the plugin and patch please go to the self-hosting http://www.agile-trac.org website. This site uses agile-trac so browsing it should give fair idea of what the plugin offers.
Please note that currently agile-trac requires Trac itself to be patched, though this is a simple process.
Version 0.5.0 has been released on 21-Jan-2012.