Autocomplete ticket fields
This plugin auto completes user info when input report, owner, cc in ticket, and provides a popup dialog to edit cc to help input multiple recipients. The user information are maintained in Trac instance's ../conf/username_list.txt file.
This plugin is designed to be used in enterprise environments, where there may be hundreds or thousands of users who are potential notification recipients. Trac administrator should maintain a full list of users and their full name, instead of using Trac's built-in user list.
Alternative plugin: AutocompleteUsersPlugin, that uses Trac's built-in user list to accomplish this purpose.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
You can install this software as a normal Trac plugin.
- Uninstall TracAutoCompletePlugin if you have installed before.
- Change to the directory containning setup.py.
- If you want to install this plugin globally, that will install this plugin to the python path:
- python setup.py install
- If you want to install this plugin to trac instance only:
- python setup.py bdist_egg
- copy the generated egg file to the trac instance's plugin directory
cp dist/*.egg /srv/trac/env/plugins
- Configure your trac.ini file as follows:
[components] autocomplete.* = enabled
- Create and edit file /srv/trac/env/conf/username_list.txt. Please make sure this file encoded with UTF-8.
userfoo [User Foo] userbar [User Bar]